In November, SEMrush released the financial results of their third quarter in 2021. The SEMrush Quarterly Report was chock full of statistics that demonstrate the growth that the online visibility industry is experiencing. As our world becomes increasingly digital, companies of every sector across the globe rely on platforms that enable SEO, PPC, competitive research and content creation.
Let’s take a look at the insights gained from SEMrush’s quarterly report, and how small businesses can leverage the same tools and technology from LongTailPro — at a fraction of the price.
You may have heard of SEMrush. They are a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that operates globally. SEMrush offers insights and solutions for companies to build, manage, and measure campaigns across various marketing channels. SEMrush, with over 79,000 paying customers, is headquartered in Boston and has offices in Philadelphia, Dallas, Prague, St. Petersburg, Warsaw, and Limassol. In business for over 13 years and serving 143 countries, SEMrush is trusted by many of the world’s leading brands.
We can look at their results to understand trends in the industry and make predictions about the future of digital transformation.
Industry Trends and Highlights
According to the report, SEMrush’s total revenue was $49.3 million, up 53% year over year and up 9% sequentially. With over 79,000 clients worldwide and annual revenue expected to be approximately $186 million, SEMrush is experiencing YOY gains of over 40%. That’s excellent growth during recent unprecedented times. It’s clear that we are facing unparalleled adoption of software that helps companies to create and execute digital campaigns. In fact, that’s not surprising since research showed that 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority.
New products that make the most of artificial intelligence, predictive search, and local listings will play a key role in the latest digital marketing platforms. Additionally, we are seeing some of the following trends.
- Voice search will play a bigger role in results – Thanks to innovations like Google Assistant or Apple’s Siri, many people simply ask their phone for help – and expect to get it. The percentage of households expected to own a smart speaker by next year is 55%. Companies who properly research and tailor keywords to voice search will have an edge. Identifying longer phrases that might be used in everyday conversation is critical.
- Mobile-friendliness continues to impact rankings – It’s been reported that almost three quarters of people will access the internet via mobile device by 2025. Make sure your pages are user-friendly as well as mobile friendly. Review your “mobile usability” report in Google Search Console to see where you stand today and where you can improve to become more competitive.
- Google will further prioritize the “EAT” concept – Quality content is essential, but what does “quality” mean? Content creators need to remember EAT: expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness. These factors help search engines to decide if your pages offer valuable, helpful material.
- Featured snippets will become more important – Features snippets were rolled out in 2017 and have become a sort of short-cut to gaining traction in search engines. The box at the top of SERPs, before the actual results, offers a small amount of information (such as a Q&A format or brief bulleted guide). Other pieces of information might include rich snippets like images, star-based reviews, or product prices. Use Google’s “People also ask” functionality for additional content and answer ideas.
- Video will be essential for effective SEO – Video has been growing in popularity for some time, and is projected to surpass all other forms of content consumption in coming years. It’s key to optimize your video by carefully selecting keywords for your title, description, channel name, etc.
Key Capabilities for the Future
Do you have the tools to see your digital strategy through the projected trends? The right SaaS platform can completely transform your online efforts, A “one-stop-shop” for search engine marketing is a pivotal tool for any organization with an online presence.
To navigate the future of SEO, it’s essential to partner with experts who can perform effective keyword research, monitor competition, create campaigns, and measure success. SEMrush’s platform covers:
Profound keyword research – Revealing several profitable keywords that are easy to optimize.
SERP analysis – Creating a strong strategy through deep analysis.
Rank tracker – Keeping content updated for more traffic and conversions.
Site Audit – Scanning and eliminating technical SEO issues.
Backlink analysis – Monitoring and implementing backlink opportunities.
Platforms that Deliver Outstanding Value
A Powerful, More Affordable Alternative to SEMrush
But what if you are ready to get measurable improvements in your online marketing, but can’t afford the same tools as the Fortune 500?
LongTailPro is a powerful alternative to SEMrush, at a fraction of the cost. Offering the same capabilities as companies like SEMrush, we provide cutting edge technology tools across the entire SEO spectrum. We are proud to offer the same value that tools like SEMrush do, without the hefty price tag. More importantly, we care about our customers. We’re a smaller company, so we have built a personal relationship with every customer from day one – and we always will.
Who are Long Tail Pro’s Customers?
Our customers span across all industries, locations, and sizes. Any business that has an online presence needs to prioritize SEO – and we help marketers and website owners implement innovative strategies and deliver quantifiable results. Most of our customers are entrepreneurs, small businesses and business owners, boutique agencies, and independent marketing consultants.
We work closely with our customers to evaluate each company’s unique goals, challenges, and limitations. We understand that small business owners are working with a real-life budget – and we happily work within that budget without issue.
The truth is that the clients of a platform like SEMrush are paying partly for the brand name. Savvy business owners know that LongTailPro offers a full suite of tools for a much more reasonable investment. Our platform provides all that’s needed to generate relevant content and drive more traffic, leads, and conversions.
LongTailPro was created 10 years ago by our founder Spencer Haws. His goal was to give marketers and website owners a competitive edge when it comes to online traffic and conversions. We know that the right data is critical for making the best decisions – but most marketers need a little help getting to that data.
LongTailPro is a powerful keyword research tool. Our innovative tool allows users to generate hundreds or thousands of unique “long tail” keywords in a matter of minutes based on a single seed keyword or multiple seed keywords at once. In fact, LongTailPro allows you to generate more than 800 keywords using data from Google’s keyword tool. The concept was born out of the frustrating experience of spending countless hours searching for high value, low competition keywords.
It doesn’t matter if you’re building an Amazon affiliate site, trying to market your small business, or just thinking about starting a website. The fact is that smart keyword selection is the foundation of an impactful SEO strategy. Whether you’re using Squarespace, Wix, or WordPress, picking the right keywords will be the difference between traffic growth and stagnation.
Schedule a Demo To Discover the LongTailPro Advantage
SEMrush’s Quarterly Report shows us how essential SEO insights and keyword research tools are. It’s going to become increasingly difficult to remain competitive without the back-end technology and data that these products provide. If you’ve been contemplating implementing a tool like SEMrush, schedule a demo to see how LongTailPro can help you achieve your goals, at a fraction of the price.