Are you spending your time Googling “easy way to build website” instead of taking the time to build one? There’s no need to waste your time learning easy ways to create a website using confusing code, because that is anything but easy. It’s never been easier than right now to build your own website without getting into the nitty-gritty technical details of HTML, PHP, and other codes that may seem like a foreign language to you.
There is an easy way to develop website layouts, functions, and more without having any technical experience. In fact, there are billions of websites on the internet currently. You can guarantee that many of the people who put them there have little to no knowledge of building a website from the ground up. Thanks to website builders, we now have an easy way to make a website that almost anyone with a computer can handle.
Easiest Way to Build a Website? Use Website-Building Platforms
If you’re looking for an easy way to build a website when you have little to no technical experience, you shouldn’t look any further than a website-building platform. These tools are the most incredible things for people who want to develop a website quickly, and yet the person still has ultimate functionality and control over the website’s look and usability.
Although there are several platforms that offer an easy way to build a website, the top three that offer a good mix of usability, design, and functionality are WordPress, Weebly, and Squarespace.
WordPress: The Easiest Way to Build a Website
WordPress is the ultimate website builder, and the statistics prove its popularity: Approximately 18,744,000 websites on the internet today use WordPress, which accounts for about 30% of all websites. The platform hit the web in early 2004 and continues to grow and gain popularity by adding helpful tools to give people easy ways to create a website.
WordPress is heads above its competition in creating functional websites that users can tailor to their needs. From business service websites and eCommerce websites to personal blogs, WordPress can create just about any type of website you need through customizable themes, customizable widgets, and handy plugins.
Plugins in WordPress are like extra tools that you can add to your WordPress Dashboard to enhance your site’s front-end and back-end. Plugins can help take the guesswork out of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), create custom contact forms, make your site load faster, provide helpful analytics, add beauty to your site with photo galleries, and more. These tools are what makes WordPress so customizable and will help your website take on any other.
You can create a free WordPress site using WordPress.com or you can download and install WordPress on your own website host’s server for free from WordPress.org, which is known as self-hosting. Self-hosted WordPress allows you to have more control over your site with themes, plugins, and monetization benefits. Through WordPress.com, your site will be on the WordPress.com server and you’ll have limited customization options.
- Both versions are completely free to use
- Ultimate functionality for your website with themes, plugins, widgets, and an intuitive dashboard
- You can use WordPress for any type of website, from eCommerce to blog
- Virtually endless themes to choose from and the ability to customize your own, if you choose
- Default settings may make your site vulnerable to hackers and spammers; you may need some technical experience to prevent attacks against your site
- Themes can be tricky to customize if you don’t have experience
- Takes up a lot of space on your server and may run slowly on some servers, especially with plugins
Weebly: Drag and Drop Builder
Another easy way to build a website, especially if you’re a beginner, is to use Weebly. Weebly is a drag and drop website builder, meaning that you don’t need to know even a snippet of code to build your website. Using Weebly’s interface, you can move different elements of your site and easily see how the move will affect other areas.
However, you are free to edit your HTML and CSS codes if you’d like. Doing so can give you some extra control to create a style that’s perfect for you. Also, Weebly’s App Center is like WordPress plugins. Apps for Weebly let you gain some functionality for your site with one-click integration.
Weebly’s development team creates all the apps so you can’t download any from third parties as you can with WordPress. But, there are several to choose from to help your site do what you need it to. If you’re looking for a simple click-and-build website builder, Weebly may be your best option.
- Allows you to build eCommerce sites with 10 to unlimited products, depending on your plan
- Extensive number of apps in the App Center for increased functionality
- Has a few monthly plans to choose from, including a free plan to get you started
- Requires no coding knowledge to start building and maintaining your site
- No third-party plugins available, so there are fewer functional elements to choose from than on WordPress
- Weebly takes a fee of your eCommerce sales for some plans
- Does not allow for advanced changes to your website’s design and functionality
Squarespace: Quick and Beautiful Designs
Squarespace offers another easy way to make a website for beginners to website building. This website builder has a simple interface that allows for drag-and-drop building and a few pieces of customization, like Weebly. You’re somewhat limited in your choice of themes here, but you can personalize parts of your theme’s design to look different from the rest.
Your Squarespace site comes with Content Blocks, in which you can add new elements to your site, which are like plugins for WordPress. Also like Weebly, the Squarespace team creates the elements rather than allowing you to download third-party add-ons for your site. You also can create a functional eCommerce store on Squarespace, but be careful about the plan you choose. The lower-priced plan will only allow you to sell one product.
Squarespace is a good choice for those who don’t mind not having loads of extra features, but instead want to get a beautifully designed site set up quickly. Squarespace is also a helpful option for you if your site will be image-heavy, as it offers a built-in photo editor and an integrated stock image search.
- Automatically generates an optimized mobile version of your site once you create it
- Offers helpful analytics of your site’s usage and traffic
- Month-to-month or annual billing options for each of the four plans available
- Simple, streamlined interface makes it easy to add elements for improved functionality
- Takes a transaction fee from your sales for lower-priced personal website plans
- Not much control over the look and feel of your mobile site
- Few templates available to customize your site’s design
Conclusion: Easiest Way to Build a Website
The first step in the process of building a website is getting your website up and running. Fortunately, these website builders are among the best options to help you create a beautiful site with little effort. After that, you face the more challenging part of website building: content creation. Keyword research is the cornerstone of amazing content that helps and engages your audience. A helpful tool like Long Tail Pro can assist you with your keyword research so your content outranks and outperforms your competition’s.
Weebly I have tried but Squarespace never used.Thanx for the list will give a try